In summary, we are offering:
- FREE Y3 teacher training
- FREE planning and resources for a half term based around the Y3 science curriculum topic ‘plants’ integrating Science, Art, Music and Dance. Additional planning for English will also be available
- FREE music resourcing including scores and backing tracks for an assembly performance
- FREE licensing for the use of Meadowsong music.
The training and follow up resources provide an inspirational project based around the Science topic ‘Plants’ that will motivate children in their learning and teach them about biodiversity and ecology and will support teachers to stage an expressive art-based assembly. An introduction to integrated connection to nature experiences, through RSPB’s Wild Challenge, will support teachers to empower children to have agency in bringing about change in their schools and local communities.
- Teachers will be introduced to the 4 songs of the Meadowsong cycle
- Teachers will learn about the ecology of wildflower habitats and the threats to this habitat
- Teachers will explore the core and foundation subject curriculum resources in groups and try out some of the activities
- Teachers will be helped to form an action plan to plant a wildflower area and receive guidance on planting for wildlife in their school
- Teachers will register for RSPB Wild Challenge and WWF Seek App and be shown how to use them to support learning
- Teachers will be given guidance on staging a Meadowsong assembly to celebrate learning and enable young people to influence and empower others to bring about change to benefit the environment